What Is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source (free) content management system. It is one of the easiest, most popular tools for building and managing personal or business websites available. It is a great program for website building beginners and does not require heavy knowledge of coding to design a beautiful website and create helpful content. It was initially popular for the creation of blogging type websites. It has since grown to encompass many more industries and styles, making it useful to just about anyone who wants to build their own website.
What Kinds of Websites Can You Build With WordPress?
WordPress has grown to be very inclusive of business websites. With their easy-to-use program, you can create your own website for:
- Blogging/Forum Sites
- Portfolios/Galleries (Great for businesses that want to show their ability and work to customers; Photographers, Venue Websites, Artists, Contractors, etc.
- Informational Business Websites (Industries where you inform your visitors and promote potential customers to come in or contact you; Restaurants, Stores, Event Websites, Informational Wedding Websites, Company Sites, etc.)
- ECommerce Store Sites (Sites for selling products or services directly online; eBay, Amazon, Etsy, etc.)
- Social Networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Membership Sites
- And so much more
What are the benefits of WordPress?
- User-Friendly Program – WordPress is known for being an easy-to-use and easy-to-understand program. It is a favorite among beginners because of its simplicity and usability even for those without coding knowledge.
- WordPress Sites Rankings – WordPress Sites update regularly and have many tools available to optimize SEO content and performance. This combination of tools makes it easier for beginners to get started in growing their site’s ranking.
- Flexibility – WordPress offers many tools, themes, plugins, and features to accommodate businesses of any size, type, or industry. From simplistic to modern styles, if you can dream it, WordPress can likely help you make it a reality.
- Built-In Blogs – As already mentioned, WordPress grew from the initial purpose of blog websites. That being said, Blog sites are still a big deal and blogs in itself are a big help to any website. Blog content is a good way to keep your website current. WordPress takes the first step in blogging for you but automatically incorporating it into your website.
For more benefits of WordPress, read here.
WordPress is a very popular tool because it is very good at what it offers. It is a great option for designing beginners and website startups. It’s one of the largest options available also so many tools and plugins are integrated to work perfectly alongside WordPress allowing any feature or look you can think of.